Notice: Sightings of Coyotes in Park
Please be aware that coyotes have been seen it the Charles Austin Park. Coyotes in populated areas are typically less fearful of people. They have been known to attack pets and approach people too closely. Please read and share these tips.
If a Coyote Approaches you:
- Do not run or turn your back
- Be as big and loud as possible
- Wave your arms and throw objects
- Face the coyote and back away slowly
- If attacked, fight back
Protect Your Pets:
- Keep pets on a short leash
- Use extra caution dusk through dawn
- Avoid known or potential den sites and thick vegetation
- Do not allow dogs to interact with coyotes
If You Have Concerns About an Encounter with A Coyote:
- Walk with a walking stick
- Keep a deterrent spray handy
- Carry noise makers or rocks to throw
Tuesday, April 4, 2023 at 11:30 AM
1980 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 1380
Houston, Texas 77056
For Text Alerts, text MUD130 to 474747 to receive important news and emergency notifications via text.
A public awareness campaign for water conservation in Texas.